My Brother’s Keeper Newark leads initiatives to ensure boys and young men of color around the President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Milestone:
1. Enter school ready to learn
2. Reading at Grade Level by 3rd grade
3. Graduate from high school ready for college and career
4. Complete post-secondary education and training
5. Successfully enter the workforce
6. Reduce violence and provide a second chance
On February 27th, the Opportunity Summit hosted in partnership with Mayor Baraka, Prudential Financial and MBK, and the Obama Foundation will provide young men ages 16-29 with the chance to interview with employers for on-the-spot hiring, access community resources and social services, and participate in career preparation and leadership development training. Our help is needed to ensure that this event goes well.
Volunteer Shifts are all day or a half-day shift (7:00 AM -11:30 AM or 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM).
Food (breakfast, lunch, and snacks) and breaks will be provided.
If you’re interested in assisting, please sign up here here