Looking for more information?
Whether you are a returning alumnus of one of our leadership programs and want to keep progressing or you are simply looking for a way to get started in leadership development, these courses can help guide you on your chosen path.
The Veteran Online Leadership Training platform was developed in a way to keep you engaged and on track while going through your new studies. However, the benefit of these being self-study courses is that you can come back at any time and/or jump to a course that interests you the most.
Engagement: Participants can expect to engage with the material through a variety of methods, tools, and resources found within the courses. For example:
- Self-paced online course work
- E-learning interactive modules
- Pre-recorded video and audio
- Download and edit documents
- Forum discussions
Benefits of course work:
- Opportunity to strengthen what you have learned through our leadership programs if applicable
- Continued accountability to continue leadership and personal development
- Potential future opportunities for certification and credits
Ready to enroll? Click below:
Those interested in getting started can click the following link to create a user account through our learning management software, LearnUpon.
- Step One: Navigate to https://volt.learnupon.com through your internet browser. We recommend Chrome or Firefox.
- Step Two: Once at the sign in page of VOLT, click sign up which is located beneath sign in.
- Step Three: Input your email and a password then click sign up (you may be asked to complete a captcha for security purposes). You will then be taken to the dashboard of VOLT where you can then begin enrolling yourself in courses using the course catalogue located in the dropdown menu found in the upper left of your dashboard.
- Step Four: Begin expanding your knowledge and skills in community-based leadership!
Course Categories: The following are the different categories participants can expect to find courses in.
- Project Management
- Volunteer Management
- Community-Based Leadership
- Health and Wellness
- Digital Leadership
*New courses will be added on a regular basis. If you have a topic suggestion, please submit this inquiry to Joe Depczynski, at email@example.com.
What does VOLT stand for?
- Veteran Online Leadership Training
Is there a cost?
- No, VOLT learning is 100% free
Do I have to be a veteran to enroll in courses?
- No, VOLT is open to everyone. It is important to note though that our courses were designed to be veteran focused.
Is there a recommended web browser for accessing VOLT?
How long does it take to complete a course?
- Courses can be completed in as little as 15 minutes to 1 hour. You can continue where you left off at any point.
Will I earn a certificate or continuing education credits?
- Not yet. As we continue to add courses and expand our catalogue, our aim is to offer opportunities to earn certifications and continuing education credits. Stay tuned!
What do I need to complete the course work?
- All you need to start learning is a computer or cellphone and an internet connection.
If I can’t login to LearnUpon, who do I contact?
I have an idea for a course, who do I contact?
If you have an idea for a course, reach out to our L&D Manager, Joe Depczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Involved in Other Ways
Our work can’t continue without the support of people like you—donate to help our continuing work inspiring veterans to become empowered leaders.
Join the Alumni Network
Once you’ve completed one of our programs—from leading a Service Platoon to participating in a Mass Deployment, and everything in between, there’s still an opportunity for you to serve and connect with other veterans.
Join a Service Platoon
Service Platoons are your opportunity to engage and connect with veterans and community members while generating community impact in a real and tangible way.