The Greater Boston Platoon is hosting a service day led with Mill City Grows. We are looking for awesome people to join us for this event.
The event will consist of building new garden beds and a new shed for the Mill City Grows community garden. Because power tools will be in use, this event is for ages 12+. Experience with power tools would be greatly appreciated but not required.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
A little bit about what Mill City Grows does:
• Creates and Manages Community Gardens where residents can grow their own food.
• Creates Urban Farms where their team grows thousands of pounds of food that are distributed throughout each of Lowell’s neighborhoods
• Partners with Lowell Public Schools to install gardens and provide garden and nutrition education through their School Garden Program
• Trains gardeners in hands on urban agriculture and community leadership through their Educational Programs
• Increases Access to Local Food with their Mobile Market
Accessibility: this event will take place outdoors and on uneven ground. It may not be accessible for all. We are happy to make requested accommodations; please reach out with requests.