April 29, 2017
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Kalaloch Lodge Campground
157151 Highway 101
Forks, WA 98331
Our 2nd National Parks Service Project of 2017 is here...and it is a big one. On April 29, 2017, we will be participating in one of the largest Coastal Cleanups held annually in Washington State. Here are the details:
Task: Collecting trash on foot and carrying the bags off the beach to designated roadside collection points. We will be responsible for the cleanup of Beach 2 (Iconic beach located in the Olympic National Park).
Accommodations: We will be staying 2 nights (28 and 29 April 2017) at a private campground for TMC - The Kalaloch Lodge Group Campsite. With a spectacular Pacific Ocean bluff setting, the Kalaloch Lodge Group Campsite offers 1 site overlooking a driftwood-covered beach. This Olympic National Park campsite is located approximately one-quarter mile south of the Main Lodge off Highway 101. The campsite has one water tap, picnic tables, fire ring, and a vault toilet. There are no on-site RV hookups...and no Wi-Fi.
Kids 6 or older are ok.
- Potable water
- A Fire Pit
- Picnic Tables
- Camp Supply Store
- Restaurant if needed
Basic Safety Guideline:
- Wear gloves, proper clothing, and water-resistant shoes.
- Do not touch medical waste, dead animals, hazardous materials or sharp objects. If you are uncertain about an item, do not touch it.
- Do not approach wildlife.
- Report hazardous items that cannot be removed to event staff.
- Work with a partner.
- Be careful of unstable banks, steep slopes, or slippery surfaces.
- Do not try to lift anything that is too heavy for you. Ask for help!
- Watch for poison oak, plants with thorns, or other natural hazards.
- Watch for any trucks or equipment that might be used in the project.
- When driving on the beach (State Parks only), stay on compacted sand. Do not drive into sand that is very soft or very wet.
As always, TMC personnel can arrive the day prior to the Service project, and stay until Sunday...that was you have a chance to explore the park.